Binder & Malter LLP routinely represents consumers in Chapter 11, Chapter 13, and Chapter 7 cases. Since forming in 1987, Binder & Malter LLP has counseled thousands of individual debtors in bankruptcy and bankruptcy-related matters. Our attorneys have considerable experience in matters such as asset protection planning, exemption planning, nondischargeability issues, guarantor liability, family law issues in bankruptcy, lien stripping, and creditor workouts. We also frequently represent creditors in consumer bankruptcy cases. Our consumer bankruptcy clients include high-net worth individuals, business owners, private lenders, and judgment debtors and creditors.Typical Engagements
- Chapter 7, 11 and 13 Practice
- Asset Planning
- Exemption Planning
- Financial Restructuring
- Nondischargeability Issues
- Student Loans
- Discharging Taxes
- Discharging Credit Cards
- Stripping Second Liens (Deeds of Trust/Mortgages)
- Family Law Issues
- Property Turnover
- Trustee Representation
- Binder & Malter LLP has represented thousands of individuals in consumer bankruptcy cases, including homeowners, high-net worth individuals, entrepreneurs, attorneys, medical professionals, engineers, restaurateurs, accountants, real estate agents and brokers, and law enforcement and other professionals.
- The firm represented a creditor engaged in state court litigation against bankrupt debtors in the debtors’ Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings in which the creditor’s claim in bankruptcy court exceeded $40 million.
- The firm has represented numerous Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 trustees.
- The firm has successfully represented creditors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies by having their debts declared non-dischargeable.
- The firm has successfully represented numerous debtors negotiate and discharge tax debt.