Business & Real Estate
Binder & Malter LLP represents businesses and individuals in a wide-range of real estate and business matters, including both transactional matters and litigation.
Our real estate law practice includes sales and acquisitions, commercial leasing, financing and lending issues, deed of trust and foreclosure issues, formation and management of joint ventures, partnerships and limited liability companies (LLCs), and real estate litigation. Our business law practice includes counseling businesses and individuals in matters such as asset protection planning, entity formation, business acquisitions and dispositions, secured transactions, management and shareholder disputes, and negotiating all types of contracts and business agreements. We are also frequently retained to evaluate bankruptcy issues in real estate and business transactions.
Binder & Malter LLP’s real estate and business clients include owners and developers, real estate investors, borrowers and private lenders, commercial landlords and tenants, business owners, and various local and family-owed businesses.Typical Engagements
- Real Estate Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Commercial Leasing
- Real Estate Financing and Workouts
- Deed of Trust and Foreclosure Issues
- Commercial Landlord/Tenant Issues
- Lease Restructuring/Negotiation
- Secured Transactions
- Asset Sales and Purchases
- Formation and Maintenance of Entities
- Business Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Asset Planning/Business Exit Planning
- Drafting/review/negotiation of contracts and business agreements
- Binder & Malter LLP represented a group of private investors in a series of purchase and sale transactions by which the group of investors was able to assemble a portfolio of commercial property in downtown San Jose for investment and redevelopment purposes.
- The firm represented the purchaser of foreclosed land, which acquired the property in bankruptcy and then took the purchasing entity back through Chapter 11 bankruptcy to reduce and restructure the remaining debt on the property.
- The firm represented a property owner in the sale of commercial property in San Mateo County, which included two office buildings and a parking structure.
- The firm has represented countless businesses and landlords negotiate leases for commercial space.
- The firm has served as corporate counsel for a number of companies in a number of different industries.
- The firm’s attorneys have represented businesses in the sale and acquisition of various types of assets, including other businesses.
- The firm has represented a number of businesses in asset protection planning and exit planning.